At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
Responsible for maintaining existing network infrastructure along with improving network security and scalability for future growth. In addition, you will be responsible for providing end-user support to all staff.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network Infrastructure and Administration
- Perform network server backups, maintenance and security updates.
- Maintain, setup and scale existing WIFI network infrastructure.
- Setup and maintain VOIP, IP and network phone systems.
- Provide advice and recommendations to management to assist in technology directions, decisions and roadmap.
- Perform installations and upgrades of server operating systems, system software, system patches and hot fixes as required
- Perform research and analysis in server infrastructure technology to identify, propose and implement cost effective and practical technology solutions while maintaining security.
- Liaise with external suppliers/vendors to ensure that external resources meet the needs of the business.
- Work to improve scalability, security and reliability in existing and future growth of our network environment.
- Maintain ongoing development of IT knowledge base through industry contacts, associations and inter-company counterparts and resources.
- Provide smooth day-to-day operation of existing network servers, equipment and software.
- Provide emergency (on-call) support to end users as required.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level of help-desk support in all areas.
- Support existing legacy software installations for existing machines and hardware.
- Install printers, phones, network switches and computers where needed.
- Conducts hardware and software audits and review of server infrastructure to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and maintains technical documentation, diagrams and procedures for the designated technology areas.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating efficiently and available for peak productivity (e.g. printers, faxes, phones) and promptly attends to operational problems requiring repair.
- Bachelor's Degree or College diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Network Administration/IT Tech Support certification or equivalent.
- Strong working experience with Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- 2 years Windows networking and connectivity.
- 2 years hands-on experience with Desktop Computers/Servers/Laptops hardware
- 1 year experience in laser printers troubleshooting and repairs.
- 1 year experience in remote support.
- Thorough knowledge of IT systems and networking.
- Seasoned advanced experience with Windows Server OS (all versions) including core services (DHCP, DNS, CIFS, Storage)
- Hardware support with Cisco, HP, Dell and IBM servers and chassis solutions
- Competency with Hyper-V and VMware configuration, build, management and support
- Well versed in Office 365, one mail & Exchange backend solutions.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Good knowledge of computer hardware.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Must be well organized, have excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities, and have a heightened sense of urgency.
- Continuous learning is a large part of this position, and therefore ability to retain varying degrees of information is required (significant use of memory)
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience with network and computer security auditing/hardening/intrusion detection
- Experience with administration of iSCSI and FC SAN Storage system.
- Knowledge of mail delivery, DNS, authentication (NIS, LDAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with Sycamore DNX 11 cross-connect platform is a plus
- Experience using Symantec NetBackup 7.x, Storage Life Cycle Policy and Automated Image Replication is a plus.
- Experience or willingness to support a small Windows server footprint is a plus.