At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
This individual will be responsible for leading the user experience, user interface, and design of our technology enabled apparel. They will also oversee and manage the design team and set priorities for all projects.
- Creating storyboards, flows, wireframes, visual design, specs, and paper/digital prototypes
- Crafting visual designs that speak to our brand while resonating with our customers
- Designing and documenting new experiences with an eye to overall user experience, flow, visual design, and execution
- Planning and carrying out user testing and synthesizing results to inform designs
- Presenting design concepts to the team, then discussing and integrating feedback
- Oversee and conduct user research, customer discovery, market research, trends, and collect feedback from users
- Collaborate with Engineering, Data Science, Fashion Design and Marketing departments
- University degree in visual design, interaction design, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working in visual and interaction design
- Excellent leadership skills with prior experience managing a team of designers
- Experience in design (proportions, colour, form, ergonomics, typography, presentation) and a sense of design & visual culture (graphics, functionality, fashion, cultural & technological trends, history)
- Excellent in visualizing concepts using industry standard 2D and 3D tools such as Photoshop/Illustrator, Rhino, Solidworks, Creo, Alias and Keyshot
- You’re able to synthesize business and user requirements and construct thorough Information Architecture (IA) artifacts that guide the team.
- You have a deep understanding of interface design
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization and strong sense of collaboration
- Ability to multi-task and successfully meet all high-pressure timelines
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams from different disciplines
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile, start-up environment
- Prior experience creating and/or working with vector illustration
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS