At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – our clothing. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which can be shared with those who matter to you - your doctors, coaches, other IoT devices, your family members - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to suit you, or the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
Myant is looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
You’re excited at the prospect of playing a pivotal role by working closely with the multidisciplinary team of project leads, engineers, data scientists, and designers. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty by doing some hands-on work, but you’re also a strategic thinker with insight and creativity. You’re excited at the prospect of working on a new brand and cementing it as a leader in the wearable technology space. Lastly, you are well-rounded and flexible, enjoy being part of small teams that make a big impact and love working in startups.
- We need you to be multifaceted, with a deep knowledge of the various disciplines in design, as well as an understanding of human behavior and psychology
- Create design solutions and have the creativity and judgment to translate a customer-centric design vision into concepts that are simple, intuitive and visually refined.
- You’ll need to be curious, constantly ask questions to understand users and push the limits on creating a delightful product experience
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Achieve product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to the team
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Two or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Experience in visual design tools, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator), or similar
- Portfolio of relevant work
- Experience or interest in wearable tech
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience with products that include hardware-software user experience
- Works well with others and also independently with minimal management
- Attention to detail
- Strong creative and marketing drive