At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
Responsible for the smooth day-to-day functioning of communications, enterprise applications, and critical business applications for employees in local and remote offices.
1.1. Network, Technology and PC Support
- Ensures smooth operation of existing network.
- Provide help desk support to staff.
- Liaise with external suppliers/vendors to ensure that external resources meet the needs of the business.
- Provides emergency (on-call) support to end users as required.
- Responsible for routine reporting such as the daily close reports.
1.2. Business Enterprise System Support
- Provides advice and recommendations to management to assist in technology directions, decisions and road map.
- Performs research and analysis in server infrastructure technology to identify, propose and implement cost effective and practical technology solutions.
- Provides 1st, 2nd and 3rd level of support in all areas.
- Maintain and set standards for the designated technologies.
- Performs installations and upgrades of server operating systems, system software, system patches and hot fixes as required
- As required, provides day to day operations support and system administration tasks.
- Responds to the assigned tickets, and resolve problems in the designated technology areas
- Conducts hardware and software audits and review of server infrastructure to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and maintains technical documentation, diagrams and procedures for the designated technology areas.
- Perform network server system backups.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating efficiently and available for peak productivity (e.g. printers, faxes, phones) and promptly attends to operational problems requiring repair.
1.3. Product / Technical Knowledge
- Strives to improve technical knowledge through communication with suppliers, other facility supervisors and managers, and through continual professional self-development. Applies that knowledge in our own department and shares openly with colleagues in support of the continuous improvement of Myant’s processes, products and services.
- Maintain ongoing development of IT knowledge base through industry contacts, associations and inter-company counterparts and resources.
- Network Administration/IT Tech Support certification or equivalent.
- Experience on Microsoft operating systems and Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016.
- 2 years Windows networking and connectivity.
- 2 years hands-on experience with Desktop Computers/Servers/Laptops hardware
- 1 year experience in laser printers troubleshooting and repairs.
- 1 year experience in remote support.
- Thorough knowledge of IT systems and networking.
- Seasoned advanced experience with Windows Server OS (all versions) including core services (DHCP, DNS, CIFS, Storage)
- Hardware support with Cisco, HP, Dell and IBM servers and chassis solutions
- Competency with Hyper-V and VMware configuration, build, management and support
- Well versed in Office 365, one mail & Exchange backend solutions.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Good knowledge of computer hardware.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Must be well organized, have excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities, and have a heightened sense of urgency.
- Continuous learning is a large part of this position, and therefore ability to retain varying degrees of information is required (significant use of memory) • Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).