At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
This individual will be an integral part of the executive team, working closely alongside the CEO, Executive Vice President, and the VP of Business Development. They will be the strategic voice and leader behind our technology and engineering departments.
- Lead the company’s technology vision and implementation
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics and work with various stakeholders to continually improve performance and outcomes
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Defining and driving the technical strategy across both software and hardware for the company
- Work alongside team leaders/directors to develop the technology roadmap
- Oversee the progress of all engineering departments on a frequent basis and offer strategic advice/direction where necessary
- Be an active spokesperson both internally and externally by communicating and promoting the company’s technology vision and solutions
- Staying abreast of cutting-edge research and development in the technology space that may have an impact on the company’s overall direction
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive technology experience, including 5+ years in a senior leadership role managing a team of engineers
- Excellent leadership, change management and communications skills
- Ability to effectively interface with diverse business teams to capture requirements, drive results, and build strong relationships
- The ability to work cross functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
- Experience working in a start-up environment and knowing how to effectively work around the ambiguity that comes with a start-up culture
- Experience working in a wearable technology or medical device company