At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
This individual will provide strategic leadership to the Fashion/Product Design team as well as manage and oversee the product roadmap.
- Lead, mentor, and support product managers and product designers across the company
- Work across teams to coordinate, prioritize, and communicate the product roadmap
- Partner with executive leadership to create a cohesive experience across our product and our brand identity
- Oversee the management of overall product conceptualization and design. Responsible for maintaining the overall quality, cost, schedule and development in partnerships
- Provide leadership through preparation and presentation of product review meetings and pitches to internal and external stake holders
- Offer and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
- Advance a strong point of view, supported by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
- 10+ years of product development experience, with at least 5 years in a senior/executive role overseeing product developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or Textiles
- Strong knowledge in knitted and woven fabrics as well as technical properties
- Strong knowledge in materials at a fibre level, in organics and synthetics
- Excellent communication, both verbally and written
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight timelines
- Experience working with leaders in development and product management to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Knowledge in seamless circular knitting, flat knitting and warp knitting would be a great asset
- Experience working in a startup environment would be an asset
- Experience working in the medical/wearable technology industry would be an asset