At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
As part of executive team, this individual will be the leader and strategist in driving our business forward. They will work closely with the CEO, Executive VP, and other department heads as necessary.
- Conducting research including competitive analysis of industry peers, comprehensive benchmarking, prospective investors, and analysts
- Lead company's planning and execution of strategies to increase sales and company growth
- Seek out and source new clients by developing networks and independently identifying and developing relevant resources for sales and business development
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing department to develop creative outreach strategies to attract and retain clients
- Work towards sales and revenue goals as established in partnership with the CEO and Executive Vice President
- Identify and attend relevant and appropriate industry and regional events and trade shows for networking and new business opportunities as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in business development, with at least 5 years in a senior/executive role
- Knowledge of, or experience in consumer product industries like Apparel, Textile and/or Consumer Electronics
- Proven history of building strategic relationships, selling and closing complex deals
- Proactive and detail-oriented thinker with the ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of personal organization, time management and ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a start-up company would be an asset
- Experience working in the medical device/wearable technology industry would be an asset