At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
This individual will be responsible for all coordination and taking full leadership of all financial planning, debt financing, and budget management while conforming to all generally accepted accounting principles. They will work closely with the CEO and Executive Vice President when developing financial strategies.
- Prepare analysis of key financial information to assist in day-to-day management in decision making
- Assist in establishing short and long term departmental financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports
- Prepare and oversee the company's long-range strategic planning models and lead the company's annual strategic planning/budgeting and rolling forecasting processes
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly, and annual financial models for the leadership team, CEO, and Executive VP
- Provide strategic thought leadership to the CEO and Executive VP on the future of the business
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred, CPA designation required
- 10+ years of experience in a financial leadership role
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives
- Proactive, flexible, and able to drive and guide through rapid growth and scale
- Strong leadership, management and people skills to develop and grow teams
- Experience successfully leading all financial planning and strategies for a start-up company
- Experience in the healthcare and/or wearable technology industry