At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
Myant has created the world’s first Textile Computing platform, Myant SKIIN. It weaves sensors and actuators into everyday clothing and fabrics that are improving the lives of people all over the world. We are looking for an amazing Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to understand our marketplace and customers and use that knowledge to create successful marketing campaigns.
The PMM role undertakes market research on new products, creates GoTo Market plans, influences pricing and packaging, guides sales teams, develops messaging and market positioning around products and takes part in presentations and events. You will be the ‘voice of the customer’ within Myant that researches, understands and promotes customer needs and experiences.
- Customer Intelligence—You will be the expert on our customers, who they are, how and why they buy and how Myant can keep them happy.
- Market Research—You will be an expert on our markets and our competition. You will use market research data to determine product pricing and distribution strategies.
- Product Messaging – You will collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Goto Market – You will plan the launches of new products and updates of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of launch plans. This will include key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Reporting – You will monitor and assess the effectiveness of marketing programs on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on recommended changes.
- Evangelism – You are a thought leader for Myant’s products including speaking engagements, content development and social media marketing
- Sales Support – You will understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research).
- Marketing experience with consumer-focused healthcare or wellness solutions a big benefit.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Google G-suite, and Asana.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Power user of social networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups of executives, media and analysts.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with incredible attention to detail.