At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the only thing we’ve been wearing our entire life – clothing. SKIIN is our first consumer facing brand, and SKIIN’s vision is to enhance human ability through connected clothing - think Ironman’s suit, but comfortable. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel create your Digital Identity, which will be consumed by those who matter to you - your family members, doctors, coaches, other IoT devices - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to your optimal body temperature, the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
The individual will have the opportunity to research and develop electronics towards the overall R&D objectives of Myant in the pursuit of creating the next generation smart clothing products.
- Research, design and develop analog/mixed-signal IC electronics for the next generation of smart textiles
- Rapid prototyping and validation of electrical designs
- Optimizing designs for power, miniaturization and cost
- Bring-up PCBs, document bugs, iterate on designs
- Understanding of RTOS and ability to write application drivers
- Work closely with a variety of people/teams with different disciplines (mechanical, firmware, data science, software, industrial design, textile)
- Aid in the assembly of prototypes and debug issues on the fly
- MASc or PhD (preferred), in Electrical/Biomedical engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience with electrical circuit design
- Prepare and review detailed documentation for product design including design specifications, circuit model, circuit schematic, Bill of Materials (BOM), test plans, test procedures, and test reports
- Hands-on experience with design, assembling, prototyping, integration, testing, and troubleshooting of analog/digital circuits and embedded software
- Understanding of Biosignal recording, instrumentation and signal processing techniques
- Experience writing codes in C and Python
- Proficient with software such as Altium, Eagle, etc for circuit analysis/debugging and PCB design
- Proficiency in operating electronics test equipment such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, and typical laboratory instruments.
- Experience working on embedded systems
- Understanding programming principles associated specifically with embedded systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and leadership capabilities
- Ability to contribute and work effectively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment